The Basics of a Standard Home Insurance Policy
If you are a homeowner in Boaz, KY, there is a very good chance you may have a standard homeowner's insurance policy. However, just because you may have one, you most likely have not idea what is and is not covered. This is very important information which you should certainly educate yourself on.
You should know that a standard home insurance policy mainly covers six areas. These specific areas include:
- Dwelling – Your dwelling will be protected against many weather elements as well as fire. However, if you live in a flood or earthquake zone, you will want to be certain you get additional coverage or this because they are not covered in a standard policy. You need to keep up and maintain your home; it will not cover anything due to your negligence in this area.
- Other Structures on Your Property – If you have a shed or storage area, this will also be covered against damage that is covered by the insurance company. Many people also have attached garages to their home and this would be covered as well.
- Personal Property/Contents – All the contents in your home would be covered against damage as well as any personal property you may have on your premises.
- Loss of Use - This refers to the expenses you may incur in the event you have damage to your home and need to live somewhere else until it is repaired. This usually will cover hotel expenses and other costs relating to living else where until your home is ready to live in again.
- Personal Liability Protection – This gives you protection in the event you have a guest or someone injured on your property and decides to sue you. The costs of the lawsuire would be covered.
- Medical Payments – A standard insurance policy will pay for all the medical payments that may be incurred by someone who is injured at your home.